Saturday, February 5, 2011

Back to Reality

So I'm sure you all figured, but I made it home safe and sound from Kazakhstan after a quick 20 hours of travel :) I'm still slightly jetlagged but have been attempting to kick it prematurely... the reason I'm doing so is also the reason why it's not happening. I started student teaching this past Monday; it's already quite the trip! I'm so thankful for all my experiences in Kazakhstan, I feel as though it was the perfect preparation for this journey. I'm already in love with and building rapport with my students which is a huge blessing, and my relationship with my mentor teacher Dave is growing every day. I honestly couldn't be happier :) between school, three hour seminars most days afterward, choir taking up some time, jetlag and a massive portfolio (don't even get me started about how ridiculous it is... basically had less than a week to do it and it turned out being over 50 pages) I've had quite the week. I've never been so happy though. I know every step towards my goal of having my own classroom will be completely worth it! In the future lies more seminars and junk, job-searching and applications (CRAZY) and making plans for when I graduate college and have to grow up. Should be fun. I'll keep you posted :)

Hope you're all well! I missed being close to y'all, hope I can see you guys soon.

Peace and love,
Chels

P.S. I can't post this to Facebook because I want to be a good guardian of my students, but I trust you all and want to share this with you... the picture below is of me with my classroom of 7 year olds :) can't begin to tell you how much I miss them.

3 comments:

  1. Life should should be slowing down to a sorta routine for you now. These children look sweet and innocent. We know you will be a great teacher and the children are fortunate to have you. We love you. Nana C

    ReplyDelete
  2. For a couple of weeks, I would go to work, sit down at my desk with a cup of coffee and open your new blog message that wasn't there when I left home. It had become my morning routine and I miss it.

    Glad the "enriched and enlightened" new Chelsea is home and so glad you have the energy for the life you are leading. It wears me out just reading about it.

    See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are back and having a great experience with you student teaching.I am not surprised and the students are so lucky to have someone dedicated to teaching as you are. Your experience abroad will always remind you how special you are to the students here. Love you and hope to see you on the 19th. I can't beleive Payton Marie is 1 year old already time flies. Love you Grandma Book

    ReplyDelete