Sunday, December 26, 2010

So Long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, Goodbye!

Well, everyone, the time has come and there's no turning back now... KAZAKHSTAN!


I should have daily Internet access and will be in contact with my Faculty Supervisor over in Spokane seeing as how she's as nervous as I am (we're the first Whitworthians to pilot this trip, she wants to make sure we don't die), part of which includes daily emails of my activities so I've decided that I'll just be posting them here instead of flooding your emailboxes with stuff. Sadly, I probably won't have time to post daily pictures, but there should be some at intermittent times! Anyway, I'll be in Astana for the majority of the time, which is the capitol up north, and will visit Almaty, the former capitol down southeast. I fly out the afternoon of New Year's Eve and will arrive on the 2nd of January, teach in a public preschool for a week, and then help out in a 2nd grade classroom at the Quality School International in Astana. Everything is in order or soon will be, but prayers would be much appreciated. I know that God creates these opportunities for us to learn in multiple aspects of life, and I look forward to seeing what those truly are (although I've speculated). I can't wait to share it all with you when I get back!

Peace and love,
Chels

P.S. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! It was a wonderful holiday season and I am in love with my family, so to those of you that made it so special a thousand thanks. And with that, catch ya on the flip side :)

3 comments:

  1. May God go with you and keep you safe. We are so proud of you and know you will make a difference. Enjoy your trip! Will be anxious to hear of your adventures. Sending lots of love with you. Nana & Papa Casebolt

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so exciting. Us old boring folk live through you young 'uns so it'll be a great adventure for all of us.

    Thanks for being here to spice up our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you Chels! How blessed all those children (and adults) will be to have you touch a moment in their lives.

    Sending tons of love, prayers and support your way for a wonderful trip.

    Looking forward to seeing your updates.

    ReplyDelete