Monday, January 2, 2012

Being True to my Name

My lovely mother just reminded me that I am not being true to my blog name... no, not Chasing Chelsea, but the URL that reads www.tomakemymomhappy.blogspot.com. I guess my blog earlier, which is pictureless, did not make mom happy. Therefore, here are pictures. Love ya, mom! :)



Kinda blurry, but yay Victoria! Just found out :)

The beautiful Empress Hotel

Our (upgraded) deluxe suite :)

We frequented it's streets constantly, pricing between seven souvenir stores within arms reach of each other... compete, monkeys, compete!

The Undersea Gardens were in the bottom level of the boat behind us; so cool!

Merry Christmas to the royal-feeling commoners

The picture our waitress took right after the proposal :D this deserved the coveted Chelsea "thumbs up"!

Happiness... and blingyness.

In our hotel lobby after getting lost for two hours after the engagement dinner (we were both on our phones, didn't realize that we'd passed the restaurant three times on the way home...)

Chinatown! Home of some creepy alleys and an awesome pawn shop.

Victoria Harbor.

Fisherman's Wharf! We fed seals... twas awesome.

See! I don't lie!

Best. Fish. And chips. Ever. Fer real.

Welcome to Butchart Gardens!

Made Zoolights look like child's play... sorry, Zoolight enthusiasts. The one thing we drove to, but probably the coolest thing we did the whole trip! Also enjoyed the light scavenger hunt they had based off the song "The 12 Days of Christmas".

Inside the Government Building...

Outside the Government Building!

Royal BC Museum... there was real ice in the mammoth exhibit, ya know, in case he woke up.

Our future home will be modeled after this! I would have jumped in for the photo op, but we already had a follower (museum security we dubbed "the gustapo") at this point... I apparently took pictures I shouldn't have, but they should have made the signs bigger!

Sad to be on our way back to the "Big Kid" world...
My hope is that many are appeased. Blessings to y'all!
Love,
Chels

No comments:

Post a Comment